Sadly I am going to have to cancel today’s trip to Gibside.
Despite some forecasts suggesting a dry spell from 10am – 2pm the thunder and lightening over Rowlands Gill at the minute helps focus the mind!
A really difficult decision, especially after all the good will from parents around supporting transportation etc.
The wet weather means the low ropes and adventure play ground are likely to be unusable until mid-day and by then we would have 150 very wet and potentially very cold children!
PLEASE STILL BRING PACKED LUNCH TO SCHOOL!
If nothing else we can have a school picnic!
P.S. We have staff at Gibside to turn back parents who have not seen this message but please spread the word