After Christmas we can all get bored playing with our new toys and games, but if you would like somewhere interesting to go…here’s a list of a few good ideas.
- A walk in Chopwell woods. No place better to walk off all that Christmas cake and chocolate.
- Alnwick Gardens and Castle, see the lost cellar and where part of the Harry Potter films were made. The sight of the water fountain is beautiful in the gardens.
- Fenwick window is amazing tradition where you can be wowed by the decorations then go and spend your christmas money in there brilliant toy department.
- Centre for Life if you like ice skating this is the place for you, there is also a 4d motion sleigh ride for more information search www.life.org.uk.
- Gibside is a great and local place for families with lovely walks and farmers markets; you could have a hot chocolate in the cafe.
- Going to a pantomime is a wonderful treat for anyone; Cinderella is playing at Consett Empire Theatre.
- If you have a lot of spare cash you could visit Centre Parcs for a couple of days, where you could go swimming and spend quality time with your loved ones.
- The Metro Centre is a great place to visit after Christmas; you could shop until you drop in the sales and spend all your Christmas money.
- Visit the cinema to watch The Hobbit or go and see Rise of the Guardians and let us know what you think of the films.
- Or you could stay at home with a nice hot chocolate with your family and enjoy your new toys and Christmas presents.
Written by Lucy Wade – PRESS PACK
Researched by Lucy Wade, Elena Jackson and Beth Hunt.