Aims and Mission
The children, staff and parents of High Spen Primary School would like to welcome you to our website.
We are a friendly and supportive school whose staff and children will always be ready with a smile. We try and update this website regularly so please keep checking it.
We are always busy, so it’s worth looking every week.
We’d love to hear your comments and feedback. You can do this using the Comments link below many of the postings on our site. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are looking at our website with a view to joining us you may be interested in our agreed aims (see below) I would urge you to pick up the phone and arrange an appointment to see us in the flesh though as it is only by stepping through the doors that you can really appreciate what a special place this is.
Mr Andrew Firth – Head Teacher
We aim to provide a safe, happy, responsible, well ordered community in which children can be valued as individuals. To achieve this the school will help pupils :
- develop lively, enquiring minds, with the ability to question and debate rationally.
- apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- acquire knowledge and skills relevant to subsequent stages in their education, adult life and
- use language and numbers effectively.
- understand the world in which they live, including the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
- develop appropriate relationships with other children and adults.
- be respectful of religious and moral values and tolerant of other races and religions.
In this way we seek to work with parents to fulfil each child’s intellectual, spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.