A group of K2 children who give up time to support the productive play of kS1 & Early Years children. See Miss Lowes further details.
Teacher support – Miss Lowes and Miss Kirkley
Playground Buddies are pupils who help to make playtime a happy time for children. Children interested in becoming Playground Buddies signed up at the beginning the year. Selected children have been given training before working in the playground. A rota is drawn up so all buddies are on duty for one morning or afternoon playtime and one lunchtime play per week.
Playground buddies will meet on a weekly basis to discuss playtime games and activities. Teachers will also explain expectations and provide examples of how to solve playtime problems.
The role of Playground Buddies involves:
- helping children find new friends
- making children feel comfortable and welcome
- including children who are lonely and helping them to play games
- giving support to children to find solutions to a problem
- being fair and not taking sides
- helping children if they fall over and comforting them
- helping children to find something if they’ve lost it in the playground
- teaching new games (weekly)
- asking the lunchtime supervisors if they are unsure of what to do in a situation
Who are the Playground Buddies?
The High Spen Playground Buddies are:
- Layla Bingham
- Hannah Swan
- Emily-Jane Thompson
- Izzy Milne
- Ellie Fellows
- Grace Herron
- Ruby Chambers
Please look at the notice board near the staff room to find pictures of the High Spen Playground Buddies.
Weekly Rota :
|Monday||Izzy and Layla||Izzy and Layla|
|Tuesday||Ellie Fellows and Emily-Jane||Ellie Fellows and Emily-Jane|
|Wednesday||Grace and Esme||Grace and Esme|
|Thursday||Ruby and Hannah||Ruby and Hannah|
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.